1. Ahrar, M. and D.J. Schingoethe. (1978). The feeding value of regular and heat-treated soybean meal and sunflower meal for dairy calves. J. Dairy Sci. 61 (Suppl. 1):168 (abstr.).
2. Baird, D.M. (1981). Sunflowers: swine applications. Feed Mgt. 32(6):32.
3. Drackley, J.K., and D.J. Schingoethe. (1986). Extruded blend of soybean meal and sunflower seeds for dairy cattle in early lactation. J. Dairy Sci. 69:371.
4. Erickson, D.O., M Hankel, M.R. Light, W. Limesand, and T. Faller. (1980). Sunflower meal vs. soybean meal for feeder lambs. J. Dairy Sci. 51 (Suppl. 1):96 (Abstr.).
5. Gargallo, J., and D.R. Zimmerman. (1981). Effects on sunflower hulls on large intestine function in finishing swine. J. Anim. Sci. 53:1286.
6. Insley, L., D.O. Erickson, M.R. Light, and W. Limesand. (1983). Lamb performance as affected by protein level and source. J. Anim. Sci. 57 (suppl. 1):110 (Abstr.).
7. Lilliboe, D. (1999). Sunflower meal applications-for livestock & poultry feeds. The Sunflower. 25(5):14.
8. Marx, G.D. (1988). New oilseed meals may be economical alternative protein supplement. Minnesota Dairy Rep. AG-BU-2235.
9. McNaughton J.L., and J.W. Deaton. (1981), Sunflowers: Poultry applications. Feed Mgt. 32(6):27.
10. Nishino, S., S. Kondo, and K. Hayashi (1980). Feeding value of sunflower meal as a replacement for soybean meal in lactating cows. J. College of Dairying 8:275.
11. North Dakota State University (1983). North Dakota research: Swine, ruminant meal test results. The Sunflower 9(2):40
12. Parks, C.S., G.M. Edgerly, G.M. Erickson, and G.R. Fisher. (1981). Response of dairy cows to sunflower meal and varying dietary protein and fiber. J. Dairy Sci. 64 (Suppl. 1):141 (Abstr.)
13. Park, C.S., G.R. Fisher, and C.N. Haugse. (1980). Effect of dietary protein and sunflower meal on blood serum cholesterol of dairy heifers. J. Dairy Sci. 63:1451.
14. Richardson, C.R., and R.N. Beville, R.K. Ratcliffe, and R.C. Albin. (1981). Sunflower meal as a protein supplement for growing ruminants. J. Anim Sci. 53:557.
15. Richardson, C.R., and G.D. Anderson. (1981). Sunflowers; beef applications. Feed Mgt. 32(6):30.
16. Schingoethe, D.J. (1981) Sunflower: dairy applications. Feed Mgt. 32(6):18.
17. Schingoethe, D.J., and M. Ahrar. (1979). Protein solubility, amino acid composition, and biological value of regular and heat-treated soybean and sunflower meals. J. Dairy Sci. 62:925.
18. Schingoethe, D.J., J.A. Rook, and F. Ludens. (1977). Evaluation of sunflower meal as a protein supplement for lactating cow. J. Dairy Sci. 60:591.
19. Schneiter, A.A. (1997). Sunflower Technology and Production. American Society of Agronomy. Agronomy 35:765.
20. Stake, P.E., M.J. Owens, and D.J. Schingoethe. (1973) Rapeseed, sunflower , and soybean meal supplementation of calf rations. J. Dairy Sci. 56:783.