The National Sunflower Association (NSA) is a non-profit corporation designed to advance the sunflower industry. The organization is funded by farmers and industry memberships, dues and grants.
All members receive a subscription to The Sunflower magazine and Sunflower Highlights. Sunflower Highlights are published weekly and reviews price changes, world market factors and related trade and police issues. Unlimited subscriptions to Sunflower Highlights are available to members via email only.
The NSA has five classes of membership: Regular, Associate, Foreign, Check-off Elevator, and Farmer.
- REGULAR: The "regular" member receives 5 copies of all general publications and meeting notices. This membership is entitled to serve on the board of directors. In addition, regular members may serve on advisory committees. (One-year membership: $500)
- ASSOCIATE: The "associate" member receives 2 copies of all general publications and meeting notices. Associate members, however, are not eligible to participate in advisory committees. (One-year membership: $325)
- FOREIGN: The "foreign" membership is available to companies residing outside of the United States. This membership is similar to the "associate" membership. (One-year membership: $500)
- CHECK-OFF ELEVATOR: The "checkoff elevator" membership is available to elevators in states having a check-off association or council entitled to board representation. This special membership is provided to this group for its contribution in assisting the state councils in collecting the sunflower grower assessment. (One-year membership: $250)
- FARMER: A "farmer" membership is available to all growers. Farmers who participate in a state checkoff are considered members but are invited to have a formal membership as well. Growers in states without a checkoff are encouraged to obtain a membership. (One-year membership: $40)