Great party fare served with baked chips or crackers and yet hearty enough for a pita sandwich filling.
- 1-15 ounce can cannelloni or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1-15 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1-2 ounce jar diced pimentos
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- juice of one lemon or lime
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup roasted and salted sunflower kernels
Puree beans and garlic in a food processor; empty into a mixing bowl. Stir in artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, pimentos, salt and lemon juice. Turn into a Pyrex pie pan and sprinkle with cheese and sunflower kernels.
Broil 4-6 inches from heat for 5-7 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm with crackers, pita or toasted bread.
22 servings of 3 tablespoons
Per serving -- Calories: 75; Total Fat: 3.8 g; Carbohydrate: 7 g; Sat. Fat: 0.3 g; Dietary Fiber: 0; Cholesterol: 4.5 mg; Protein: 3.4 g; Sodium: 168 mg; Calcium: 43 mg